What to Expect with your first yoga lesson
- Don't take a class on a full stomach, preferably something light such as a banana a half hour before
- Wear clothing that is comfortable. Wearing layers is also recommended so as you become warmer, you can remove layers to feel more comfortable
- Although it is customary to have bare feet for the class to help prevent slipping and to connect you to the Earth, yoga socks are available for purchase
- Focus on breathing, it is common for new students to hold their breath if they find a pose challenges. Breathing deeply can help you relax.
- Respect your own natural boundaries, this is YOUR practice.
- You should not feel pain during yoga, so if something is causing you pain, the instructor will offer modifications for all poses.
- It is customary for the instructor to say the word "Namaste" at the end of class and you will notice the class says it back. This is a Sanskrit word that means "I honor you".
"The 1 hour massage, The Yoga, & the Chiropractic services are all great here. One of my new favorite places because the employees are friendly & welcoming!"
"Just had the best massage ever! Chiropractic sessions working well. Need to try their yoga next. Brookfield friends you need to discover this place too!!!!"